How to Create Custom Solid Wallpapers for Your Samsung Phone in Seconds
Instantly make your own minimalist wallpapers for your Samsung Galaxy phone with this built-in feature.
Changing your phone’s wallpaper is perhaps the simplest way to make it feel new again, but having to download wallpaper apps or find good wallpapers online can be a bit inconvenient.
Luckily, if you have a Samsung phone, you can create your very own solid color wallpapers without having to do any of that. Let’s check out how.
How to Create Your Own Solid Wallpapers on a Samsung Phone
One of the easiest ways to customize your Samsung phone is to use the pre-loaded solid color wallpaper options and customize them with your desired colors and style.
Unlike photos or abstract art, solid color wallpapers look much cleaner, better highlight your apps and widgets, and are more appropriate for minimalists. Let’s see how you can create custom solid wallpapers on your Samsung phone.
Keep in mind that we’re using the latest One UI 5 version of Samsung’s software for this demonstration, so you might need to update your Galaxy phone before proceeding. Once done, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Wallpaper and style > Browse my wallpapers > Colors and select a color style of your choice.
- On the pop-up screen, choose whether to apply the new wallpaper to your Lock screen, Home screen, or both. Tap Preview to proceed.
- On the preview screen, tap Colors to browse different colors and adjust the luminosity using the slider.
- For more variety, you can pick from different color swatches or access the color spectrum and change the level of saturation using the slider. Once you’ve picked a color you like, tap Done.
- Tap Style to check out how your selected color looks with different styles. Once you’ve selected a style you like, tap Done to finish.
And you’re done! After changing your wallpaper, you can also pick from different Material You color palettes to change the look of the entire UI.
Embrace Minimalism on Your Samsung Phone
Creating custom wallpapers is just one of the many things you can do on your Samsung phone to change its overall look and feel. You can download a new theme, apply an icon pack, customize the always-on display, change the way notifications appear, and a lot more.
If you want to take things to the next level, you can also download the Samsung Good Lock app which gives you limitless control over the UI of your phone.