How to Enable Printing in Application Guard for Edge on Windows 11
Here’s how to allow print actions through Application Guard for Edge on Windows 11
Application Guard is a security feature introduced in Microsoft Edge. It allows you to isolate potentially malicious websites and documents in a virtualized environment.
While this feature provides an extra layer of protection, it also restricts some functionalities, such as printing. This guide explains how to enable printing in Application Guard for Edge on Windows devices.
1. How to Enable Printing via Windows Settings
To enable printing in Application Guard for Edge, follow the steps below:
- Press Win + I on your keyboard to open the Settings menu. For more information, see how to open Windows Settings.
- From the left pane, click Privacy & security.
- Then select Windows Security on the right.
- On the next page, select App & browser control.
- Scroll down to Isolated browsing, then click the Change Applications Guard settings link.
- Under Application Guard settings, turn on the toggle for Print files.
- If UAC prompts appear on the screen, click Yes to continue.
After following the above instructions, you must restart your computer to make the changes take effect. Now you can print files from isolated browsing in Edge.
If you ever need to disable this feature, simply follow the same steps and toggle off Print files. This will disable printing in Application Guard for Edge on your device.
2. How to Enable Printing via Registry Editor
If you prefer using the Registry Editor to enable printing in Application Guard for Edge, follow the steps below:
- Open the Registry Editor (see how to open the Registry Editor for more instructions).
- When UAC appears on the screen, click Yes to continue.
- In the Registry Editor window, go to the following path:
- Next, go to the right pane and double-click on EnablePrinters.
- Set Value data 1 and click OK to save the changes.
Once you have completed the above steps, close the Registry window and restart your computer.
Now the Application Guard for Edge Supports Printing
It is quite easy to enable printing in Application Guard for Edge on a Windows computer. Now you know two quick and easy ways to get it working.