How to Record Your Own Custom Alarm Sound for Your Google Pixel
Don’t like the default alarms in the Clock app on a Pixel? You can now record your own in just a few simple steps.
Do you want to wake up to your custom alarm sounds on your Pixel? You can. The Clock app on your Google Pixel phone has a hidden feature that enables you to record custom alarm sounds right inside the app. All you need is the latest version of the Clock app, and you’re good to go. Here’s how to do it.
How to Record and Set Custom Alarm Sounds on Your Pixel
The Google Pixel’s Clock app ships with several alarm sounds. On top of that, you can set a Spotify playlist as your alarm sound. Alternatively, you can turn a TikTok sound into your alarm on Android or use music from YouTube Music.
However, if you prefer to make your own alarm sound instead, Google’s Clock app has a feature for that. Here’s how you can record your own alarm sound:
- Open the Clock app on your device and select Alarm at the bottom (in case you’re not taken to the Alarm tab by default).
- If you don’t have an alarm set, tap the Add (+) button, select a time of your choice, and tap OK. Otherwise, select any available alarm by tapping the downfacing arrow at the top right of the alarm. This will display the details of the alarm.
- Next, tap your current Alarm sound option (it has a bell icon on the left).
- On the Alarm sound page, tap Record new under Recorded sounds.
- Tap the red button to start recording.
- Once you’re done, tap Save.
After saving, the app will take you back to the Alarm sound page, and the recorded sound will start playing. Your new alarm sound will show up under Recorded sounds. You don’t need to set anything since it will be the new alarm sound for the selected alarm by default.
But, your recorded sound will not be used as a default sound for other existing alarms. You’ll need to update them to use the recorded sound if that’s what you want. Otherwise, newly created alarms will use your current recorded sound by default.
Note that as of this writing, only the Clock app on Pixel devices has the feature. The good news is some of the best alarm clock apps also offer this functionality if you don’t have access to a Pixel device.
Wake Up to Your Custom Alarm Sounds
If you don’t like the default alarm sounds, you can record whatever sound you like and use it instead, as shown above. Whether you like something softer and calming or loud and chaotic, Google’s clock app gives you the liberty to use whatever you want.