Try Out The Updated Travelpayouts WordPress Plugin — Travelpayouts
What’s the Travelpayouts WordPress plugin for?
The current version of the plugin, published on WordPress.com, allows for placing the following tools on a site:
- Hotels and flights maps, popular flight destinations, low prices calendar, and other widgets of Aviasales and Hotellook
- Tables with information on flights, hotels, and train tickets, including the best offers from a chosen city, popular routes of airlines, railway schedules, etc.
Knowledge of Travelpayouts Data API is not required to integrate widgets on your own. You can learn more about setting up the plugin in our knowledgebase.
At the moment, the updated WordPress plugin by Travelpayouts is only available for testing. Download it from this link.
Updates of the plugin
We rewrote the plugin from scratch and fully changed the architecture to speed up the development process. But, we want to carefully test the updated version with your help before releasing it to all users.
- The plugin supports the new block editor, WordPress Gutenberg.
- With its help, you can now place widgets of all Travelpayouts affiliate programs and not only Aviasales and Hotellook.
- Tables in the new plugin have less conflict with site themes, as we rewrote layout and tables engine.
- We added more locales for tables from a box, so now it has over 20 languages in addition to English, Russian, and Thai.
- The plugin allows for filtration by train numbers in the train time table.
Some users who already tested the updated plugins noticed a significant speed boost and better performance of tables in Google Page Insights.
- The plugin supports backward compatibility of shortcodes, but all new widgets (just them) are implemented via <script>.
- We tested plugin operation on various versions of PHP and WP. Minimum PHP version is 5.6.
- The plugin supports the import of settings from the plugin’s current version.
How to get the new plugin
At the moment, the updated plugin is only available for testing. We’d appreciate it if you could try the new version out and share your experience. To do so, leave your review in the plugin interface or contact our support team. Travelpayouts WordPress plugin is available at this link.
We don’t recommend installing the plugin on a site that is already functioning. It’s better to try it out on a test project.